Our impact in 2016: EIB’s results press conference
- Date: 24 January 2017Time : 10.30
- Justus Lipsius building – Press Room, Press Centre of the Council of the European Union 175, Rue de la Loi. B-1048
The President of the European Investment Bank, Werner Hoyer, presented our 2016 results and 2017 outlook at the EIB’s annual press conference. Highlights include:
- The EIB Group is effectively attracting other investors: last year’s EUR 83.8bn financing supports a total investment of EUR 280bn.
- The EIB Group delivered a record EUR 33bn in SME financing to the benefit of 300 000 smaller companies, which employ 4.4 million people.
- Our operations under the Investment Plan for Europe are well on track, with projects approved in all EU countries and 52% of our target to mobilise EUR 315bn achieved.
- We are determined to deliver USD 100bn of climate action finance over the next five years, the largest contribution of any multilateral institution.
Watch the press conference
Press conference documents
Pictures of the annual press conference 2017
Download EIB footage
This material is offered free of charge and shall only be used to report on EIB’s activities. Any other use of this material without the express consent of the Bank is prohibited. The European Investment Bank cannot be held liable for any unauthorised use of this material. Please quote the following copyright: © European Investment Bank, 2017